This social media policy applies to the following accounts:
- Facebook: the Sheila Ruth, District 44B Delegate page (@SheilaRuthD44B)
- Twitter: Delegate Sheila Ruth, District 44B (@SheilaRuthD44B)
- Instagram: @sheilaruthbmore
- Other accounts may be added to this list
This policy does not apply to social media accounts maintained for personal or business use.
The social media accounts listed above are not official accounts, but are maintained privately by Delegate Sheila Ruth and other designated individuals. These accounts are used for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- Informing constituents about community events and information of importance to residents the district;
- Providing information about Delegate Sheila Ruth’s bills, committee work, and other legislative updates;
- Posting information and opinions about issues of local, state, or national importance;
- Posting campaign-related events, information, and fundraising solicitations; and
- Responding to queries from the public through private message or public comment.
Sheila Ruth welcomes all viewpoints and encourages diverse opinions. She believes that robust discussion is an essential part of democracy. While recognizing the protections imposed by the First Amendment, she strongly encourages positive interactions and discourages hate speech and any disparaging, derogatory, or offensive comments.
Comments will be removed if they contain or link to:
- Threats of violence or threats to public safety;
- Profanity, nudity, indecency, or obscenity;
- Confidential, personally identifying, or private information as defined by state law;
- Advertisements, promotions, or solicitations of a commercial product or service;
- Copyrighted materials;
- Malicious or harmful software;
- Disruptively repetitive content; or
- Any other content in violation of state or federal law.
Visitors posting any prohibited content may be temporarily or permanently blocked from accessing or posting to the social media account. Law enforcement may be contacted for any communications of a threatening nature.
Users may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report posts in violation of this policy or request reconsideration of removal of a post or blocked access. For constituent services requests, please contact email@example.com.